- Leaves running across the road like cats.
- The sawdust smell of a fallen branch (in anyone's yard but mine!).
- Spongy grass.
- Netflix Sunday afternoons with hot chocolate and blankets.
- Cloud animals.
- Pajama pants. Finally.
- Costumes and candy. (Lots and lots of candy.... costume optional.)
- Long, hot baths with a book.
- Walking the dog in the wind.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Aspen leaves applauding the breeze.
- Closed-toed shoes. And new socks.
- Oak ball wars.
- Crunchy footsteps.
- Enormous, lopsided pumpkins on my tiny, lopsided porch.
- Baking cookies. And bread.
What's your favorite thing about fall?